Airbus DS Geo SA
Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
A position of “Public and Private Cloud Specialist” has just opened within Airbus Defence & Space in Sophia-Antipolis. You will join the Cloud based Application development team of the Technical Governance and Design Authority department of AIRBUS DS Geo in SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS, France.
This position requires a security authorization or be eligible to an authorization by recognized authorities.
You are in charge of providing cloud expertise to different teams across the Airbus Defence and Space Engineering organization.
As an expert in cloud technologies, you are responsible for:
- Participating to the elaboration of future reference solution architectures of Airbus Connected Intelligence business, with a special focus on Cloud based applications
- Delivering architecture and design documents, providing guidance and support to engineering teams to define and execute their cloud migration roadmap
- Preparing and delivering internal training courses on relevant cloud technologies
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge and exchange on cloud technologies with other members of your team
- Continually seeking new ways to improve quality of deliverables, optimizing delivery time and reducing costs of projects you contribute to.
You collaborate with remote multicultural teams within Airbus Defence and Space in English language.
Your role implies a high level of abstraction of all cloud-related aspects (hardware, network and software) to design cloud based applications and help on identifying appropriate software architectural patterns. It also implies a good knowledge of how to deploy and operate cloud-native systems with a high level of automation (e.g. IaC).
The Cloud expertise team is located in Sophia-Antipolis (Antibes) France.
This position is under the hierarchical responsibility of the Technical Leader of the TEMDT-TL4 team.
Tasks & accountabilities:
You will be in charge of the following main activities:
- Analyse new projects to define what has to be done, how to do it and define a planning and budget
- Think about our solutions in an industrial way with the objective to be on quality, on time and on cost
- Create, maintain and deliver training to technical and non-technical teams
- Propose cloud solutions and deliver architecture designs to the different projects you are involved in
- Participate in / integrate various operational teams for helping them in the implementation of their cloud solutions
- Audit / deep dive into projects and solutions in order to propose improvements
- Contribute to and expand the technical knowledge of your team in order to anticipate on future consultancy requests
Business travels may be required to meet internal stakeholders (less than once per month) in Europe, namely in France, Germany or UK. Therefore, you must be willing to travel accordingly.
You have the experience and the following skills:
- Educated to Engineer degree or equivalent.
- Confirmed in public and private cloud administration (Openstack, AWS, GCP, Azure, Orange Cloud, …) (++)
- Confirmed in cloud automation (Terraform, SaltStack, Ansible, Packer,…) (++)
- Containerization with Docker with a successful experience (++)
- Familiar with cloud-native application design and microservices architectures
- Linux (++)
- Container cluster with Swarm and K8s (+)
- Software development with Python or another language
- Agile Scrum, SAFe
- Use of office tools and agile project tools (Ex JIRA agile)
- Good relationship and communication (+)
- Rigor, organization, autonomy (++)
- Capacity to work in team and progress within team (++)
- Sense of responsibility, engagement, flexibility (+)
- Advanced English (+)
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.