Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
Dailymotion is seeking a Data Architect (Analytics on GCP) for the Analytics Engineering team.
You will join the Data Engineering & Machine Learning craft. A craft consists of multiple teams of engineers and machine learning experts who collaborate daily to create and run data products in Dailymotion. Inside this craft, the Analytics Engineering team’s mission is to provide reliable and available data to enable analysis & insights throughout the company (B2C, B2B products, and business teams).
The Analytics Engineering team builds and maintains products like our multi-petabyte data warehouse, event processors (at tens of thousands of messages per second), highly scalable client-facing analytics, data ingestion & distribution, synchronizing data across databases & systems, etc. The team is responsible for making costs-performance tradeoffs around data modeling & architecture. The team is also involved with training users of our data on SQL and analytics best practices and spearheading a significant effort around data governance.
- Create data models for Business Entities, Data Marts in Google BigQuery. Review data models created and modified by Data Engineers or Data Analysts
- Work with multiple stakeholders to capture complex business requirements, shape solutions, translate the solution to technical requirements. E.g., tagging plan, external integrations
- Investigate data discrepancy, data quality issues, and other data issues.
- Develop and deploy jobs in Airflow to create business entities, data marts, integrate with an external client, etc
- Lead data governance initiatives
- Design and drive refactoring of data warehouse
- Ensure data is clean, consistent, and available. Perform data quality checks, create monitors
- Documents Analytics datasets, business logic. Catalog dimensions and metrics used. Guide users of the data warehouse to the correct table/metric
- Create guidelines for data modeling considering performance, cost, business impact and guide Data Engineers to follow
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Data warehousing, Data Modeling, writing complex SQL and debugging complex SQL
- 1+ years of experience developing and debugging software in Python.
- 1+ years of experience in writing ETL jobs
- Excellent business modeling skills: going from a stakeholder’s expressed requirements to an actual data model
- Writing and speaking proficiency in English
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders - Product, Engineers, Analysts, Product managers, DevOps, etc.
- Comfortable working with Linux and the GCP stack
Technologies used by the team:
Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, Cloud Storage, Beam/Dataflow, Compute Engine, etc), Python, GO, Airflow, SQL, Git, Java, JSON, Bash, Docker, Druid, Kubernetes, etc.
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
Type of contract: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
For the France officesRemote Work Policy
Saving Plan Vivendi
Paternity leave or Coparental leave extended
️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
- ️ Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)
Feel free to explore Dailymotion culture a little further, please check out:
- New-York office - BuiltIn
- Offices in France - Welcome to the Jungle
- Our articles